A Happy Ending...

I know how the book ends. Trust me. So turn back to that page where your bookmark sits, waiting for you to live the way you were meant to live, savoring every moment.

Monday, March 06, 2006

My new niece

So this isn't an official blog, but here's my new niece. Ain't she purty? I'm definitely a smitten and proud aunt once again.
















I painted the little pink and green crown thingy for her room. Had to give myself a little plug there since I'd like to go into business one of these days!
















Seriously, this little girl is a doll. And here's one of proud big brother thinking "can we keep her?"

















Folks, I don't have my own kids yet, but I'm quite certain that this is what life is all about. Don't worry honey...six more years. I'm not going back on our bargain, I just think that this is the stuff of life!

I'm glad that my Texas girls made it back safely from the Carolinas. Boys, I'm anxious to hear your side of the story...

A real post will be coming your way in a day or two. The creative juices just aren't flowing yet. It is Monday...give me a break!

8 Comments:

  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Precious!!

    Hey, I'm with ya: this IS what life is all about. What better accomplishment/mark on the world than to raise children? I think it'll be more important for me to answer my kids' questions about why the sky is blue than to have several degrees hanging on my wall. Who cares about that stuff, anyway? Having children and raising them well will be my proudest accomplishment in life, I believe. (That is, if I'm blessed with children, which I hope I am!)

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Becky said…

    Congratulations on becoming an Aunt again. That's always exciting.
    Your crown picture is awesome too. I would definitely help your business out once it gets started. Just keep in mind that my bedroom is red, black, and white...with Cherry pictures on the wall. Maybe that will be some kind of inspiration for you...wink, wink.
    See ya.

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger trishy said…

    hehe...thanks Becky. Give me an idea and I'll whip something up for you! Actually, I'm in the middle of painting a frame in a pink cheetah print - very cute! Hmm...red, black and white...zebra anyone? hehe

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Rob West said…

    These girls broke virtually everything of value in my apartment and there is cocaine and vomit everywhere.

    That's MY side of the story.

    Congrats on the birth of your beautiful niece! Although mostly congrats to your brother/sister/in-law (?) because let's be honest, Trishy, you don't actually DO anything, did you?

    ;-p

    I'm happy for you Swanky Sweetheart!

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger trishy said…

    I'm the best damn aunt in the world, so I wouldn't say I don't "do" anything. You are correct: I had nothing to do with the creation of the little lass (my brother is the "baby daddy" and this isn't West Virginia) so if that is what you were referring to, you got me.

    But I think I do plenty...hehe

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Rob West said…

    Did I type "don't"? Damn. I meant to say "didn't".

    Yeah.

    Didn't.

    As in, didn't screw your brother.

    Didn't.

    But I'm sure you do lots! I'd expect no less of you. Hell, I don't have a pink sign that says Ashley... and I'm the Mayor!

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger trishy said…

    Mayor, would you like a pink sign that says Ashley? I give only my best to the mayor...

     
  • At 12:39 AM, Blogger babyboyg said…

    What a cutie. And you are right, kids are the best. I'm still getting over the shock of having one, but every day his goofy smile and precious little noises that I am sure mean "I love you Mommy, you are the best" remind me that I am so lucky and so blessed. Of course, I hear that they grow up into toddlers and then eventually into teenagers, so I'll keep you posted on "lucky" and "blessed" I feel then.
    --Laura

     

Post a Comment

<< Home