A Happy Ending...

I know how the book ends. Trust me. So turn back to that page where your bookmark sits, waiting for you to live the way you were meant to live, savoring every moment.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Roller-blogging

Wow, it's been so long, I'm not sure where to start.

I feel like my blog has become like that pair of rollerblades I just had to have when I was 13. They were my favorite thing for a few months and I used them all the time. And then suddenly, like all favorite toys they ended up collecting dust in the garage. I'm not so sure that I got bored of my blog, so maybe it's not the same thing, but honestly, I hung this thing up somewhere in the back of my mind behind a wardrobe of "what-ifs" and "might nots" and that glaring truth of "I need a job." It's not that I had nothing to blog about. It's just that I've been on emotional overload and real life was seriously kicking me in the ass and I don't know...I was tired of putting all those thoughts out into the atmosphere. So I just burned up the phone lines with my friends (who are probably the very people reading this blog) and talked about all my fears and doubts and what-ifs.

But friends, I am happy and proud to tell you that things are looking up for me. I am such a girl of little faith - I'm embarassed to tell you of the many thoughts that ran through my mind as I looked for a job in Sewanee, TN. As of about 22 hours ago, I have one. Just as simple as that. No, not simple at all, and yet it just happened and the longer I become of aware of this new reality, the more those months of doubt and misery seem to fade away. Ok, ok, Trish - cut to the chase!

Yesterday, I was offered a position as an Admissions Counselor for the University of the South in Sewanee, TN. Basically, I will spend the fall semester traveling all over and doing college fairs and recruiting. Then in the spring, I will read college apps. (hundreds of them) and decide who makes the first cut. There are about 6-8 counselors in the office and they are my age for the most part. This seriously feels like a dream job. I'll get to walk to work, which is wonderful! And I just think that this job will be so fun. The way I look at it, it's not just "a job." It's something that I can for the next three years and feel like I have just as much of a purpose there as Rich. So...all the worrying and prayers of desperation...and now, it's over. Or rather, it's just beginning.

I'm quite sure I have ZERO readers left since I haven't blogged in so long. I hope you'll come back to me, friends. I finally have things to say that you MIGHT want to read. Not just gloom and doom and woe is me.

The downside of all of this is that I have to move in just 2 weeks. Not long, but I've kind of been prepared to go when I get the call. So that is that.

Be well, my friends, and I'll put on the old rollerblades again soon!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Again, I'm so happy and excited for you! You will be great in that position. . .and I can't wait for you to be closer to me! I miss you (and your blog posts :).

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger sarah said…

    Hey! Glad you've returned to the blogosphere. I've missed reading your stuff, and I'm glad that you've been stopping by my blog, too!

    Congratulations on the new job - it sounds right up your alley!!

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    Hahaha, Trish, you know my room will NEVER be clean.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home