A Happy Ending...

I know how the book ends. Trust me. So turn back to that page where your bookmark sits, waiting for you to live the way you were meant to live, savoring every moment.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

New things I love

So, I began working on a post about the big goodbye with my family. Maybe I'll finish it, maybe I'll post it, maybe not.

We're here in Sewanee, TN. The trip was fine, although expensive. Luckily, my job is reimbursing us for most of it. Our house here is awesome. It's actually a duplex and our address says "apt." but for all practical purposes, it's a house. I'll post pics once we are really moved in (although we are well on our way). For now I just want to paint a picture of our new life by telling you of some of my favorite things we've done so far:

1. Trips to the Farmer's Market!! We've gone twice now, and it's becoming a ritual of sorts. One thing you should know is that tomatoes are "maters." So country, I know, but man, we've eaten the heck out of those maters. We've bought maters, onions, squash, peaches, blackberries, bananas, garlic, and fresh jalapenos. Oh yeah, and today we bought fresh green beans, which I've now snapped and will cook in a bit. We haven't eaten out once since we've been here, which is a HUGE change for us. And we both agree, we're not sick of eating at home. In fact, we love it! We've been eating such fresh and healthy food, we both feel great.

2. Going to the flea market today. We found a great rug for our living room for $60. It totally makes the room. And the price was great. The flea market was fun in general. Lots of old crap we didn't need, but so fun to look at! And then we found the Monteagle Mountain Market that was going on today and walked around there before enjoying some roasted corn. Yum!

3. Eating all of our meals outside. The weather is incredibe. It's July and we ate hot soup outside and never broke a sweat. It does get hot, but it's not the same kind of hot as Texas. At night, it dips down to 60 or so - I had to wear a sweatshirt at the BBQ last night. In July. Now that is incredible.

4. Sitting in our new rocking chairs on our back porch. Rich bought them for me as a surprise and I love them. Our porch is screened in, so no bugs or anything. Just a cool breeze and lots to look at and two rocking chairs to grow old in.

I miss my family. Alot. But life is good. It's somehow simpler, slower, and healthier and I've adjusted to it so quickly.

I'll tell you about my job later. I think I'm going to really like it, but it will be a HUGE challenge.

Be well my friends and peace to you from Rockytop.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Trishy, I'm a little jealous of your new home. It's freakin' HOT in SC with little relief. I can't believe you wore a sweatshirt last night!

    I AM coming to visit you soon. Can't wait!!

    Love you.

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger sarah said…

    Sweatshirt? ALL shirts in TX in July are SWEAT shirts, like it or not.

    I'm jealous, too. :) Especially of the sitting on the back porch thing... Ryan and I used to do that when we lived in Missouri, because the temperature was reasonable enough to do that.

    Glad you're enjoying things up there!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home